In June, I reached the amazing milestone of 10,000 subscribers, and on October 1st, it was my 1 year anniversary on Youtube. And what better way to celebrate than to host my very first video makeup contest?!
But first of all, I just want to say a heartfelt ‘thank you’ to each and every one of my wonderful subscribers, whose invaluable support motivates me to continue making videos. I love you guys! ♥
Now, onto what’s in the prize packs for the three lucky winners of this contest!
The 1st place winner prize pack includes 1) L’Oreal UV Perfect Tinted Daily Moisturising Lotion 2) Maybelline Define-A-Line Eyeliner (Ebony Black) 3) Natio Ultra Shiny Fruit Gloss (Passionfruit) 4) Rimmel Colour Rush Trio Eyeshadow (Fever) 5) Rimmel Lasting Finish Powder Blush & Highlighter (Summer Fever) 6) False Eyelashes 7) Garnier Handcocoon Hand Cream 8) Garnier Ambre Solaire Self-tanning Wipes and 9) Diva Necklace
The 2nd place winner prize pack includes 1) Sally Hansen Natural Beauty Lift & Define Mascara (Jet Black) 2) Natio Ultra Shiny Fruit Gloss (Melon) 3) Rimmel Colour Rush Trio Eyeshadow (Maritime) 4) Rimmel Lasting Finish Powder Blush & Highlighter (Summer Fever) 5) False Eyelashes 6) Bloom Brown Sugar & Fig Scented Hand Cream 7) Garnier Ambre Solaire Self-tanning Wipes and 8) Gloss Necklace
The 3rd place winner prize pack includes 1) Avene Cold Cream Hand Cream 2) Natio Ultra Shiny Fruit Gloss (Cherry) 3) Rimmel Colour Rush Trio Eyeshadow (Tempting) 4) Rimmel Lasting Finish Powder Blush & Highlighter (Summer Fever) 5) Garnier Ambre Solaire Self-tanning Wipes 6) False Eyelashes and 8) Equip Earrings
The official theme of the contest is ‘Scream for Halloween’! So I want you to come up with a Halloween makeup look that is inspired by horror. It can be a traditional Halloween look such as a vampire, werewolf, mummy, witch, ghost, evil doll, Bride of Frankenstein etc, or it can be a character from a horror film, music video, cartoon, book or myth. The look doesn’t have to be plain scary, it can be artistic, sexy, cute etc, depending on your style, as long as it is inspired by horror.
You can choose to just do the makeup or you can go all-out and include hair and outfit/costume, but keep in mind the makeup should be the most important element.
You can film the video like a tutorial or a fast-forwarded video. You can already have the makeup on and just talk about it in the video or you can even do a photo slide show, it’s totally up to you!
Remember to think outside the box and be creative – don’t be afraid to look crazy! I love crazy haha! 😛
1) You a subscriber to my Youtube channel in order to enter this contest.
2) All entries must be posted as a video response to this contest video. All videos responses will first need to be approved by me before they will show up as a video response (to filter out spam videos).
3) You can only enter this contest once with 1 video showing 1 horror-inspired Halloween look.
4) All video entries must be original. The video must be made especially for this contest and not have been used for a previous contest.
5) All video entries must say something ‘MissPixieLulu Scream for Halloween Contest’ in the video title and somewhere in the video itself. You can either say it in the video, add it in using text or write it on a piece of paper and hold it up for me to see.
6) All videos must be under 5 minutes. (Note: I realise that it can be difficult to keep the videos under 5 minutes, so I will still accept longer video entries, but please TRY and keep it short!)
7) If you are under the age of 18, please get your parent’s permission before entering this contest. This is because I will ask you for your postal details if you are one of the winners.
12:00am EST 30th of October 2011
I will then personally watch and judge all of the entries and pick the three lucky winners, who will be announced in a video sometime in November.
I hope many of you guys will enter this contest and I can’t wait for you to blow me away with your awesome horror-inspired Halloween makeup looks!
Best of luck!
– Miss Pixie Lulu